Saturday, September 15, 2007

Christopher De Paola

Christopher De Paola reports:

For the past nine months, I've been working for Weigel Broadcasting (WCIU-TV) here in Chicago. I'm a head-writer and actor on the children's show "Green Screen Adventures." We take children's stories (grades 1-4) and adapt them for television. The show has been airing once a week for the last 6 months. But the powers that be have decided to amp it up. Original episodes begin airing weekday mornings, 5 days a week on September 17th. Channel 23 for all you Chicago folks!! Weigel Broadcasting is the only television station in Chicago creating original children's programming.

I was recently commissioned by Scott Foresman Publishing to write two short plays for a west coast reading/literature text book slated for publication next year.

I am also co-founder, with Aaron Carter, of Instant Theatre at Chicago Dramatists. Instant Theatre started on a trial basis at Chicago Dramatists this past summer. And lucky for us, Chicago Dramatists has signed us on as a permanent monthly fixture in their schedule. Aaron and I both organize and host the event every month. Check out our blog for details...
http://instanttheatre.blogspot.com/

As for my acting, I was in last season's production of "Cynical Weathers" at Victory Gardens Theater. Was in "Autobiography" by Sean Graney for Collaboraction's Annual Sketchbook Festival in June. I begin rehearsals next month for "Eye of the Storm"- an adaptation of Shakespeare's "The Tempest." I'll be playing the lead role of Trinculo. The show runs November 1 thru December 6 at the Vittum Theater.

No comments: