Saturday, October 13, 2007

Melissa Gawlowski @ Lincoln Center

More info from Melissa:

Recently started working at Lincoln Center Institute. I have health insurance now! I'm the Education Assistant for Teaching Artists and Strategic Alliances. Yep. I help hire/assign TAs, which is an opportunity for peeps-- they hire actors, directors, and playwrights, as well as musicians, dancers, and visual artists.
When I left my old job at Premiere Stages in Jersey, I was placed on the Advisory Board (I was formerly the lit manager). They do all new works, so that's a good connection for playwrights who live in the northeast. I'm probably also going to be a panelist for their selection this year, so there's that. And, I am proud to say, I got paying gigs for Four OU alums in my two years there! Hope to keep that goin'.
Last thing: I'm lit manager for City Attic Theatre, an off-off-Broadway company, and we periodically do a call for plays, which can come from anywhere. Last year Justin Boyd was selected as a Finalist in our playwriting competition, and he received a staged reading.

No comments: